Saturday 19 December 2015

Lake Lucerne - Boat trip

My friday day trip started from Zofingen railway station. Original plan in the morning was to go to Aarburg-Oftringen to a shopping center Perry by bus to buy mandarines and olive bread. But in Zofingen I was thinking that should I go a little bit more far.. I looked which trains are coming and which time. Zürich, no, I have to wait too long.. Bern, no, I just have been there few days ago... Train to Luzern is coming soon. I've been there many times, because my language school is in Luzern, but we are now on a Christmas break, so why not, I will go there, I like Luzern and it's only half hour by the train.

In Kapellplatz there was some happening called Venite, internationales weihnachtforum luzern, which has been there every year at christmas time, at least from year 2007. There was small booths from 19 different countries, and every country was offering their own typical things and foods. I saw immediately Finnish booth, because it was first one when I came. They had finnish salmiak and mustards, Marianne candies, Aarikka and Marimekko products etc. But I bought a cup of warm "lohikeitto". Pieces of finnish salmon with potatoes in milk sauce with herbs. Simple and perfect.



Lohikeitto
-
18.12.2015 (12:28)


After that, I started to walk. I thought that I will walk more far next to the lake Luzern, I've never done that before. Weather was cloudy, but no rain. That's what I saw.















I was quite far from Luzern train station, and I was thinking that should I turn back. I saw a small ship pier called Verkehrshaus-Lido, that's a good place to take some pictures. There was an old couple standing, and it looked like they were waiting for something. Soon there was coming a boat, called Titlis. I tought that it's maybe going back to Luzern center, so I jumped on deck..


Verkehrshaus-Lido
-
18.12.2015 (13:17)




A boat left from the pier, but direction was wrong, I noticed that this thing is not going back to Luzern very fast. Actually a boat was a part of Swiss public transport, just like busses and trains. Well, that can't be bad, I can always find a way back home. I'm happy that I took that boat, the view from the deck was great. It's nice to have a different perspective of the mountains and the city of Luzern.
















Next stop, Weggis. Place looked nice, but I wasn't sure, should I stay or should I go. I desided to stay longer and I drunk a coffee inside a boat. Inside a boat was lots of people, old, young and tourists, most of them from Asia, I think.








Next stop, Vitznau-Rigi. I got off the boat like most of the people, and soon I noticed why. Next to the Vitznau pier was leaving a train or a tram on the top of mountain Rigi. Queen of the mountains, like locals call it. I heard that it's perfect mountain for hiking. Stunning 360 degrees views at 1,800 meters above sea level.
At 1450 meters is a place where we have to go later with my wife. Mineralbad & Spa, Rigi Kaltbad.
I didn't go up this time, I had to find a way back to Luzern. Next boat back to Luzern was coming after 40 minutes, so I had some time to walk around.













Back to the boat, this time a bigger one, called Europa.



This guy on the left is not throwing up,
he's taking pictures.
-
18.12.2015 (15:33)




I had Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II objective once,
(not the same like he have)
it was just amazing lens.
But I had to sell it, like all my Canon stuff :-(
Maybe sometimes again...



Luzern
-
18.12.2015 (15:40)


Finally back in Luzern. I had about ten minutes to catch my train back home, but it was enough, because Luzern pier is next to the train station. I just love Swiss public transport.
Ou shit ! I forgot to buy mandarines and bread...

.
.
.
.
.