Tuesday 2 June 2015

Looking for the kesämökki-feeling

Sonntag 31. Mai 2015

Looking for the kesämökki-feeling


Today I got this feeling that I would like to walk, and also my girlfriend told me that "honey, you could go for a walk if you want". Ok, fine, I will go, and a little bit longer than normal, tschüss !.
I really like to walk, by walking you can see new places and if you will see something interesting and you would like to stop and take a picture, that´s easy, with the car it´s not so simple. Minus point is that walking is very slowly way to go, so that´s actually one reason why I ordered a bicycle from a local shop few days ago, I will get it on thursday, hopefully. Fuji Absolute 1.1. Why this bike ? I don´t know, this shop was near and I looked only their bikes. I didn´t want any mountain bikes with thick wheels or racing bikes with carbon fiber bodies and E-bikes, like also racing bikes are crazy expensive, so that was something from the middle, and cheap. I also like how it looks, simple and clean, like me :-). With a bike I can go much faster and make longer trips. I can´t wait to drive up to the hills for the views and then roll back down. Yes mom ! I also bought the helmet ;-) actually helmet was free of charge like the ringing bell.
Ok, back to the walking.. Weather was very nice, warm, maybe about +25 degrees. A little bit too bright for a photography, but perfect for to burn my skin, and now I was smarter than before, I put sun cream. Did you know that in Switzerland there is a place called "Hard" ? Well now you know.. It´s between Strengelbach and Brittnau... These areas of Switzerland are a little bit similar than countrysides in Finland, maybe the biggest difference in my eyes are houses and buildings. In this area, I can´t get that real "kesämökki"-feeling, because there´s no lakes. But this is so peaceful place to walk around, at least on sundays.




Grüezi !





Of course there´s also "modern"-looking houses and living areas, but you won´t forget that you are in a countryside, because cows are making sounds (and smells) in your back yard :-) If I´m telling the truth, they weren´t smelling that much..




The best "kesämökki"-feeling came, when I walked in to the forest. You really couldn´t say that are you in Finland or in some other country. Also birds were singing the same songs than in Finland.




Next views are one of my favourites. Before I knew anything about Switzerland, I thought that there will be lots of these kind of views, and I was right, that´s very much similar as I pictured in my mind how it could be.










After almost two hours walking, I finally came back to the "city" area.. Still few kilometers to go, and I will be back home. I have Nokia Here Maps in my Nokia 1520, and I downloaded the whole map of Switzerland to my phone, so I can use it in offline mode without any costs. Very useful for me because I have Finnish Saunalahti prepaid in use. And I also noticed few times that I don´t have a phone signal.. But GPS was working all the time. I´m also using Sports Tracker software, which is writing my route to the map, and I can also see how long I walked and how fast and so on, but Sports Tracker needs data for this map, so if I didn´t have a signal, I couldn´t see the map.







So, how did I do this time ?

11.82 km
2h 5min
Average speed 5.7km/h

I didn´t burn much of calories, because I´m walking so slowly, but the feeling after was great ! And Ididn´t burn my skin..




.....