Friday 1 May 2015

Last hours in Finland..

Hello !

Finally, yesterday, thursday 30.4.2015 was my last day at work. Short, easy day, only six hours. Right Now I'm spending my last days and nights in a hotel, Cumulus Airport hotel. I came here straight from work. I'm here till saturday morning when my flight is leaving at 7:55 to Switzerland. From this hotel to the airport they have a free bus ride early in the morning.

My hotel room


I ate some dinner in the hotel restaurant called Huviretki. snails with garlic and blue cheese and pizza.. it was good. I drank only one class of cranberry gin long drink :-) and water.

Garlic snails gratinated with blue cheese (10.70€)

Pizza: Chicken, jalapeno, pepperoni and goat´s cheese (14.90€)

cranberry gin long drink (priceless)

Today i went to bed about two o´clock in the night. but i couldn´t sleep that good, so i woke up about five o´clock. I watched some tv and took a shower, at six o´clock i decided to go to breakfast..

Breakfast

Later i picked up my suitcases, all four, from my old apartment. Luckily i still have my BIG car, Renault Clio.

My pink suitcases + one grey in Clio, easy...


Later in the evening we will take my suitcases to the airport with my friend, same friend will also buy my car.

I think next i will go and find something small to eat.

Time: 18:00

Now i have to say that Finnair employees did a great job.. I had four big suitcases, and i took those to the airport alone, because my friend was watching ice hockey from television. Two minutes, and i was out. I´m not sure where my bags are really going, but that was really fast, thank you Finnair.


Next i have to wait my friend, he should pick up my (his) car.. After that, i´m ready to relax. While i´m waiting, i think it´s time for a good dinner.

19:30 Dinner

Last evening in Finland, so i got crazy, i drank TWO classes of cranberry gin long drink  :-)

For starter i took Appetisers á la Huviretki: Chargrilled salmon and dijon mustard sauce, crispy pork tartare, marinated haricot beans and balsamic syrup, parma ham, honeydew melon and salsa verde.
That starter was really tasting great ! 10/10

Starter

For main course i took grilled beef sirloin steak with herb butter, grilled vegetables and french fries.

Main course

for dessert I took coffee, cheesecake with blackcurrant sauce and the season´s sorbet with liquorice sauce.


Desserts


All that together was 60€

21:00 Update

I don´t have a car anymore :-( That was the last material thing I owned here in Finland. Now i´m really ready to leave. I hope they are ready to take me in Switzerland.. Wish me luck !



...