Wednesday 18 November 2015

Heute war ich in Lausanne...

17. November 2015
Lausanne

Lausanne, Olympic Capital. City on the shores of Lake Geneva, in the French-speaking part of Switzerland. Population approx. 142000. SBB train took me nicely and smoothly from Zofingen to Lausanne in two hours. After I arrived to Gare de Lausanne, all the signs were showing directions to the center, in french natürlich, but my legs were immediately taking me to the lake, Lake Geneva.
I have to say, that Lausanne is in top five of my "the most favorite city-lake-mountains combinations" so far.
Fotos, bitte schön...
























After spending some time with cute little birds, it was time to go to the center. Weather was nice, +17. Half of the sky was sunny and the other half was full of dark clouds, luckily it didn´t start to rain. I took my jacket with me, because I thought that it would be cold, but I was wrong. I walked only in my t-shirt, kein problem.
Lausanne is full of "old fashion" houses and buildings, I kind of like that style. The sun was also slowly setting down, and because of that, the sky was changing its color to more darker and yellowish. I´m not actually sure that did I ever find out where is the main center, maybe it was around the train station ?  Or not ? Actually the whole main city area was smaller that I was expecting.































After a lots of walking, a tired man needs FOOD ! I was thinking that I´m in Lausanne, in the french part of Switzerland. I have to eat something traditional, so I went to an asian restaurant :-) !!
Asia Express next to the train station. I ordered beef slices in hot chili sauce with egg rice. It was very good and that chili sauce was REALLY spicy. They brought me a big bowl full of meat and sauce and bowl of rice. I really like spicy food, but this time I took a little bit too much of this sauce, I was coughing and my eyes were wet for a while. But I was alone in the whole restaurant at that moment, so it wasn´t so bad :-) I don´t know, maybe one of those girls was feeling bad for me, because she brought me more egg rice. But like I said, after all, food was really good, basic asian food but good..




After the lunch, it was time to go home. BTV. If (when) you will see somewhere a small convenience store called "Brezelkönig", go there and buy some of those brezels. They have different fillings which you can choose. SO GOOD ! I think my favorite is normal salty version without any fillings. It´s also good with different cheeses and slices of meat inside.

YOU HAVE TO TRY IT !







That was my day in Lausanne, See you !
.
.
.
.
.