Sunday 15 November 2015

Summer of 2015 (Pilatus)

11. Juli 2015
Mount Pilatus


My mother and her friend came to visit us from Finland for a few days, so of course we had to do some tourist action. That was my mother´s first time in Switzerland.

First destination: Mount Pilatus. I have been there before with my wife and I liked it very much, so I wanted to show it to my mom too. To the top of the Mount Pilatus you can either walk, which is totally crazy, or you can take the cable car or the Pilatus railway. Last time we went there with the cable car with my wife, so this time we took the tram. The world´s steepest rack railway by the way. And it was a good choice, so great view ! Pilatus is not very high mountain, only a little bit over 2000 meters, but up there, the view is so great. At alt. 2130m, we ate lunch in a restaurant called Dohlenstübli, food was very good and for a reasonable price. Obviously if you have some issues with high places, you should maybe skip this place. Back down from the top we came with the cable car.

If you like to do more steep trams and cable cars, I recommend to visit Hong Kong, The Peak and The Big Buddha..

Down below are a few pics from our trip to Pilatus.





















Yes, there is someone, maybe he got lost or something...